EL SEGUNDO, Calif.
The latest V15.03 release of Cadence® AWR Design Environment® software, is now available for customer download at Cadence.com. Version 15.03 of the software contains over 50 updates and improvements, including:
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) – expanded calls/requests that support user defined interface programming for custom design automation and enhanced productivity
- Cell libraries – improved mapping of shapes copied from a layout editor and pasted into an artwork cell editor
- Enhanced scripting – generate extensible markup language (XML) libraries from both schematic and system diagrams
- Graphs – improved marker functionality/behavior and restore behavior for optimization/yield goal values when moved or stretched by user
- Simulation – improvements to the AWR® APLAC® harmonic balance circuit, system and linear solver, as well as AWR AXIEM® planar electromagnetic (EM) and AWR Analyst™ 3D finite element method (FEM) simulators that enhance simulation speeds and/or capacity to solve larger problems
- Layout and layout EM – multiple functionality improvements
- Expanded shape preprocessing rules that account for via shape thickness calculation, improving accuracy of 3D EM analyses
- Equations – multiple functionality improvements
- System models – multiple improvements to 5G New Radio (NR) blocks
- Measurements – improved methodology for optional system measurement of thermal noise floor in AWR Visual System Simulator™ (VSS) RF budget analysis noise measurements, as well as improved functionality of circuit measurements
- Job scheduler - enhanced functionality that allows users to manage and monitor remote simulations more efficiently
- Wizards – improvements to open access (OA) import/export wizards, including new options for specifying which schematic symbols to export, as well as improvements to Gerber file import and robustness of network synthesis
Where and When:
The V15.03 release is available today for download. Detailed information is available in the product documentation’s What’s New guide.