EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – An updated third edition of the popular Microwave & RF Design - A Systems Approach textbook is now available as a multi-volume set in electronic form for free download. This OpenAccess eBook, authored by Professor Michael Steer of North Carolina State University (NCSU) and featuring NI AWR software, focuses on RF systems design using electronic design automation (EDA) software for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, as well as professionals. It covers microwave components and how they fit into modern radio, radar and sensor systems. The eBook enables students to achieve a good understanding of how system-level decisions affect component and subsystem design and how the capabilities of technologies, components and subsystems impact system design.
The multi-volume set includes:
- Fundamentals of Microwave and RF Design
- Microwave and RF Design: Radio Systems, Volume 1
- Microwave and RF Design: Transmission Lines, Volume 2
- Microwave and RF Design: Networks, Volume 3
- Microwave and RF Design: Modules, Volume 4
- Microwave and RF Design: Amplifiers and Oscillators, Volume 5
Links to the free eBook and related videos can be found by registering at: awr.com/resource-library/ebook-third-edition-microwave-and-rf-design-multi-volume-set or directly from the NCSU site at repository.lib.ncsu.edu/handle/1840.20/36776 and people.engr.ncsu.edu/mbs/MicrowaveRFDesign/CaseStudiesYouTube.htm.