Accelerated Filter Design
The iFilter™ integrated filter synthesis wizard runs seamlessly within the NI AWR Design Environment platform. It enables filter designers to accelerate design starts with powerful synthesis of lumped- and distributed-filter types, supporting the export of the resulting circuit topologies directly into Microwave Office software for further refinement, optimization, electromagnetic (EM) verification and physical design.
The iFilter wizard offers a smart, interactive guide for developing a distributed- or lumped-element filter with a user-specified frequency response to mitigate interfering signals in a communication system.
Synthesis provides the filter topology and element parameter values that define an initial design, serving as a starting point for further optimization/verification and accelerating the overall design process.
iFilter designs can be directly imported into an NI AWR Design Environment project as a subcircuit for further design or integrated into a larger network or system.
Features at a Glance
- Interactive Synthesis – Step-by-step guide for designing filters with a user-specified frequency response and construction
- Schematic/Layout Preview – Real-time view of the synthesized filter topology with parameter values or physical layout of the distributed filter
- Response Plots – Instant frequency response plots of insertion/return loss, group delay, insertion phase, and more
- Models – Replace ideal components with lossy elements (define Q) or real vendor components from the device library
- Integrated – Directly export a schematic or layout into a subcircuit in an NI AWR Design Environment project